Hibiscus is commonly called as rose mallow, it is a flowering plant which is native to tropical Africa, but nowadays grows all over various tropical areas. It is well known annual herb which produces elegant red flowers, the flowers are classified into many types, such as Hibiscus amottianus, Hibiscus hirtis, and the Pink hibiscus.
Here are some of the health benefits of Hibiscus
- It is used in foods and beverages, as a flavoring agent.
- Have hibiscus tea to reduce high blood pressure.
- Cholesterol level can be lowered by taking hibiscus tea.
- Hibiscus flower has rich antioxidants, so it is certainly act as protective agent against cancer.
- Due its antioxidants it is used to slow down the ageing.
- It is rich in Vitamin C, so it cures cold related infections.
- Hibiscus can be used to calm hot flashes.
- It can also be used for many issues like loss of appetite, Irritated stomach, Fluid retention, digestion etc.
- Hibiscus tea can used to treat liver disease.
- It can be used to improve your skin condition and also for hair condition to avoiding dryness, split ends and breakage.