We all know Amla (or Indian Goosberry) is a fruit famous for its rich nutrient. Amla known as ‘Phyllanthus emblica’ is one of the widely used herb in medicines due to its high nutritional value. Apart from fruit, all parts of ‘Phyllanthus emblica’ like leaves, root, bark, flowers and seed are used in herbal medicines.
Here are Twelve important health benefits and uses of Amla
- Due to its antioxidants, Amla slows down ageing
- Indian gooseberry cures sore throat and cough – Regular consumption of amla juice mixed with one teaspoon of honey and chopped ginger is the best way to treat sore throat
- Amla is Vitamin C rich fruit
- Amla helps to reduce the blood sugar
- Phyllanthus emblica avoids the formation of Gall Bladder Stones
- Amla gives effective remedies for heart diseases
- Indian Gooseberry has rich antioxidants property which is helpful to purify the blood and increase haemoglobin
- Amla improves immunity system
- Amla is widely used to reduce hair fall & stimulate hair growth, also prevents prematurely greying hair.
- Phyllanthus emblica is used to reduce pigmentation
- Indian Gooseberry keeps your body cool
- Amla Improves Eyesight