5 Health Benefits Of Fava Beans
Fava beans are green in colour and are added in many Indian dishes for their taste and nutritious value. These beans contain fibre, calcium, phosphorous, sodium, folates, photo-nutrients, vitamins and many other essential nutrients.
These beans don’t contain cholesterol or saturated fat. But they contain copper, potassium, vitamin B6, thiamin, magnesium, zinc, selenium and vitamin K.
They also contain lean protein. Eating these beans at least twice a week can surely fulfill the nutritional requirements of your body. Apart from that, they are also good for your skin. The nutrients in them can enhance the quality of your skin and keep skin issues at bay.
- As they contain fibre content, they are also good for digestion. They can prevent constipation if consumed regularly.
- They also contain phyto-nutrients like isoflavone. They prevent breast cancer and lower cholesterol levels.
- They contain minerals like iron, copper and manganese which help produce blood. They also contain potassium.
- These beans are rich in protein and are dense in calories. They keep you full and energetic for long.
- The fibre content present in these beans can control your cholesterol levels too.